A reminder next Thursday June 29 @ 6pm, here at Wall Art, Bob White, executive director of the Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville will be answering the questions below in a discussion on how to get a county arts council started here in Nassau. I have attached a flier for the event. Please print it up and hang it where it will be seen! Anyone who is interested in seeing art and cultural development as imperative to the growth of this county needs to attend this meeting. It is very important for us to do our research before getting too far ahead of ourselves, and hopefully this meeting will provide a great jumping board. We need to have a strong community showing. Please forward this email to anyone you know who may be interested.
These are the final 10 questions:
1. How did the community work together to create an arts council? What were the major obstacles?
2. What has been the economic impact of having a an arts council in Jacksonville?
3. How are funds raised to support the organization?
4. What programs have you found to be the most successful that have been sposored by the arts council? What have been the least successful ventures?
5. What role does the city and county government play within the arts council?
6. Are there designated arts districts in Jacksonville? What are the pluses to having art districts?
7. What is happening Jacksonville development to support affordable live/work space for artists?
8. Do you have any data or experience with the developement of a community-based performing arts facility?
9. In what have local vendors been able to contribute to the arts through the cultural council?
10. How is the "Greater Jacksonville" area defined? How do you see strengthening NE Florida as a region working to promote the arts?
Look Forward to Seeing You!
Wall Art Gallery Director
122 South 8th St.
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
904. 491. 6303 or www.wallartweb.com